Lyme Disease Community
wierd skin wound, wont heal

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

wierd skin wound, wont heal

Has anyone ever seen anything that looks like this before. It's not painful only stings if rub any kind of acme cream on it. I have gotten these marks in other spots also. But none as bad as this. I've had this for probably about 4-6 months. Also taking extreme hot showers tend to oratate it. These are links from my dropbox account please take a look. http://db.tt/sdefMaQw and http://db.tt/uC1I2UjL
http://db.tt/sdefMaQw
http://db.tt/uC1I2UjL
Ok added pics to my pictures
Welcome -- sorry to hear you are suffering.

No one here is medically trained that I know of, so we're not ones to make a diagnosis -- but what does your doc say?  Have you been examined and tested for STDs?  
Well yes we found mold in my room in the basement. I have been tested for Lyme, std, like 7 tubes of blood. I feel better being out of the basement and in the Spair room upstairs. All my blood work came back ok. But came positive for mono and that I have a reoccurring infection or something. Witch is normal for anyone who has had mono in the past sence the anti body's are released in. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like this.
Oh I told him I had these weird marks on me but he wasn't to infested to look at them
I'd think seriously of seeing another doc for a second opinion, and don't wait.

If you don't have copies of the test results (ALL of them) done recently, get them from the current doc -- you don't need to give any reason -- if they ask, it's "for my files."

You have a 'recurring infection' -- did they say infected with what?  

I just looked at online images in a search for 'mononucleosis skin lesions', and they vary greatly, so maybe that's what you've got -- but I'm not medically trained.  If your doc didn't give you an explanation and what will happen next -- how long it will take to get well, what meds if any you should take, etc. -- then I'd seriously consider seeing another doc, or at least going back to the one you've already seen and ask those questions.

Good luck!  Let us know what you find out.
No just that I have a reoccurring infection and yes I do have a copy of the the results. With in arms reach. I've been feeling a lot better after getting away from that black mold and spars. I'm not by far the healthiest person anymore like I use to be. But ever sence we moved in this house and I started living in the basement. Then moved out, moved back home , moved out again. And moved back home. The sickness and illness from the mold and symptoms I always had always cycled clockwise moving back home with my parents. I'm always had clean skin 16-17 years old and undere. Then we moved here. The past 10-11 years my skin is terrible. Been to docs about it and nothing acme wise works. There like huge white heads but ain't.
This is serious Thu. The post I'm about to make is just to see what's said.
I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with this.  Mold can really do a number on your system. It can interfere with your immune function and even interfere with antibiotic treatment for infections.  There is a website you might check out called survivingmold.com. There are things you can do and medications to take,to get your mold level under control.

I had mono about ten years ago, and I had it really bad. I couldn't work full time for over 4 months and I felt sick for nearly a year. I also had a flare up a few years later for about four months. The only time I tested positive was the first two months of my illness. People who are fully recovered don't usually test positive.

It requires a significant level of the EBV virus to register as a positive on the blood test, and generally that level is high enough to make you ill. If yours is positive, then it sounds like your immune system is failing to suppress the virus as it should.  The question is, what is suppressing or weakening your immune system?  

Mold could. Lyme certainly could.  Bartonella, a coinfection of Lyme, is known to cause skin lesions.  I haven't heard of any quite like yours, though, which look almost like ulcers. There have been others on this forum who have suffered from persistent Bartonella lesions.  Have you already been tested for HIV?

Have you checked out the Burrascano symptom list?  It is in his advanced topics document under the About Lyme/Treatment Guidelines tab on the ILADS web site.  It is about 8 pages down.  You might compare your symptoms to the list to see how many you have.

Lots of people test false negative for Lyme. I did. I didn't show any evidence of Lyme in blood or CSF tests until I did a Western Blot at IGeneX.  Twelve doctors couldn't help me. I finally went to an LLMD who diagnosed me and is still treating me.

I encourage you to find a Lyme Literate doc to get checked out.  If you don't have Lyme, at least you would be able to check it off the list of possibilities.
Those are wise comments from Ricobord --

Also, can you stay out of the moldy environment?  It sounds like you get worse whenever you move back into the basement.  There are houses that get bad mold growth where it can't be seen (like inside the walls and floors), and some people are just more sensitive to mold than others.  

An immunologist might be able to help you, just a thought -- they focus on the functioning of the immune system and sometimes have ideas that other docs don't.

Best wishes -- and keep plowing ahead --

I have had Bartonella for several years which causes lesions all over the body. I have one lesion that has not healed in years.

Ricobard spoke of these lesions and they can look like yours. I agree, find an LLMD .

Good luck!