Abdominal Swelling/colon surgery/lymphedema
10 months ago, I had to have emergency surgery after a colon rupture from a colonoscopy.  I had 8 inches of my colon removed as well as my appendix and 3 lymph nodes.  I never had abdominal swelling before this operation. It started to swell about 2 months after the surgery.   Since then, I look about 7 months pregnant and my upper abdomen is much harder and larger than my lower abdomen.  There is no pain involved.  I should mention that all my life I have had a mildly swollen left foot that goes down after a nights rest.  The doctor has diagnosed that as venous insufficiency.  However, now I am wondering if I have mild lymphedema that also involves my abdomen after the surgery.  I have no pitting edema in my stomach area.  My whole abdomen is larger-much too large for my frame/weight.  My doctors say it is nothing...  Any suggestions/comments?  Thanks for your help.
I would definitely get a second opinion from another GI doctor, this isn't right.  It took 4 to finally diagnose my son correctly, so seek another opinion.
Take care....
MY BROTHER IS IN CRITICAL CONDITION AND HAS BEEN IN AND OUT OF A COMA FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS.. HE WAS JUST TRANSPORTED TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL AFTER HE HAD PART OF HIS COLON REMOVED ALSO SCAR TISSUE FROM HIS INTESTINE. HE IS STILL IN A COMA AND TRIPLED HIS WEIGHT IN 24 HOURS THEY SAY ITS WATER WEIGHT WILL IT GO DOWN?  HIS SEIZURES STOPPED AND ALSO THE FEVER IS GONE COULD THE SURGERY HAVE HELPED BUT CAUSED THE TRIPLE WEIGHT