Blood Poisoning? Or just paranoia?
I am studying abroad in Japan and got a tattoo 48 hours ago (it is on my right side, on my ribs/stomach and goes down my side, and ends on my thigh). The next day I noticed pain and swelling and some redness (I have a lot of tattoos, all of which I got in the states, some of them very very large), which at first I assessed as normal... those things are kind of a given with a tattoo. But the red flag for me was that my lymph node in my groin became swollen less than 24 hours after, which made me think for sure it was infected. Plus I had a fever. I went to student health and they sent me to a dermatologist-- they gave me antibiotics and painkiller.

I'm paranoid about the redness because from what I've read online, "red streaks" are a sign of blood poisoning. There is redness around some parts but I don't know that they are "streaks", so much as just redness.

I can't tell if I'm being a hypochondriac or if this is really serious... insights?