Lymphedema Community
Chronic lymphadenopathy, pain, weight loss
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic lymphadenopathy, pain, weight loss

I wasn't sure where to post my question as my illness is systemic and currently undiagnosed.  I hope someone here can help!  I have had severe lymphatic pain (axial, chest, neck) for almost two years now and am losing weight with no change in diet.  Yesterday, I had an ultrasound of the axiallary lymph nodes and they measure 2.5 cm, but the radiologist said that the texture is not indicative of lymphoma or carcinoma of breasts.  My lymph congestion is so severe that my neck will completely lock up at times.  I have Hashimoto's thyroid antibodies, low normal WBC, and slightly elevated RDW, yet not anemic.  All other blood tests are normal, including extensive rheumatalogical testing.  I have this irritating pain in my chest and feel as though mediastinal lymph nodes are enlarged as well.  My father died at 52 of mediastinal germ cell cancer.  I am 34, 20 lbs under weight, very weak, have chronic flu like symptoms, brain fog, joint pain, pain in the bottoms of my feet (so bad at times it makes me sob), knotting in abdomen, and unrelentless sinus pressure and drainage.  Ct scan only showed shotty adenopathy in back of neck and axiallae.  However us shows much different enlarged nodes.  Doctors want to investigate: Lyme (though I have tested neg. in past), bartonella, and sarcoidosis.  Does any of my symptoms ring any bells with anyone here?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Swollen lymph nodes across multiple areas or generalized lymphadenopathy can be due to viral infections such as mono or EBV or cytomegalovirus or due to bacterial infections like TB.  HIV or AIDS, leukemia, lymphomas and other cancers can also be a cause. This could also be due to inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, Lyme, lupus etc. It is difficult to determine the cause on net. Please discuss with your doctor regarding the possibilities which have not been investigated, especially tuberculosis. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
4939681_tn?1361302899
Thank you!  This is precisely the direction that all of my doctors are moving in.  (All except for lymphoma an leukemia because they say my blood test results do not indicate either to be the problem.  Does that sound accurate?  Should I push for further investigation of those as well?  As I stated, only blood problems are: low normal WBC, high RDW (not anemic), protein spill in blood (through some sort of alloy test), and high blood calcium (all consistent results for a year now).). Also, testing for bartonella this week.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lymphedema Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...