Lymphedema Community
HELP

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

HELP

Today is Saturday. I had a track meet on Thursday and went to an indoor trampoline park on Friday. This morning I found a small,  pebble like thing under my skin and by the waistline of my right thigh. What is this? I have had something' like this before and the doctor told me it was a lymph node. Could it be a lymphoma or lymhedema?
Hi!
Yes, a swelling in the groin area can be a swollen lymph node. Swollen lymph nodes in the groin could be due to STDs (e.g., gonococcal infection, herpes simplex virus, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum etc), infection in foot, dermatitis in pelvic area, boils in pelvic area etc. Other than this pelvic malignancy and lymphoma could be the other causes. However, malignancies usually present with accompanying symptoms of weight loss, fatigue etc. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.