Lymphedema Community
Is my spleen enlarged? Please help!
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is my spleen enlarged? Please help!

I've had some pain under my rib when breathing. It was deep, lasted for like an hour. It's also very tender under my left bottom rib and on my hip.

And worst of all my bottom left ribs stick out way more than on my right side! No matter what position I'm in my ribs stick out!!! I'm worried my spleen is pushing out on them or something! Does that happen ever?

I've also had other symptoms like loss of appetite. And I just haven't felt 100% lately.

I'm really scared... I've never even had anything wrong or even been to a doctor before. I'm only 15...

How urgent is this? I can't really see a doc for a while...

Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Ok so today a was lying flat and I started to poke under my rib. It was really easy because it sticks out so much. I couldn't do that on my right side. Anyway I poked around and everything felt pretty tissuey untill I heard a slight pop and felt something slide upwards and the back down again. I did it a couple more times but then it disappeared lol.

Am I just paranoid or was that my spleen :0
Blank
And hey, can you see an enlarged spleen with a chest x-ray? I had one done a couple months ago....

And also, I've had constant short breath and chest pain for a couple months now. (when I got X-ray done) maby my spleen isn't handling my blood right?

Maby my spleen isn't han
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lymphedema Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank