Lymphedema Community
Is their a cure for Lymphedema

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

Is their a cure for Lymphedema

Is their a cure? I wear compression stockings for work 20-30 when I work.  I stand for long periods of time on a hard floor.
My back hurts and fluid swells my feet.  At times I feel a heaviness in my legs and it's hard to get in bed at night ( I have to lift my left leg) having pain all the time. I am on thyroid medication.
Hi Nita, no there is not a cure for lymphedema yet, there is alot of research happening out there though and one day we can hope for one.  I would like to see cloning patients own nodes and implanting them happen someday.  In the meantime, try to alternate standing and sitting 20 minutes each as it helps circulate the fluid.  I know the treatment is expensive, but have you tried combined decongestive therapy? It's a form of medical massage where a specially trained therapist manually moves the fluid through your body, it feels just like a nice relaxing massage.  If you are interested send me a private message on the site here with where you live and nearest towns and how far you can or would be willing to travel and I'll send you a list of therapists.  You can find more about various treatments on my website lymphland.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JxhgwULv20&feature=related try drinking water with a dash of salt this I found helpful I found this link above to explain more. Hope it helps
i have minor lymphedema in my right foot. i know how annoying it is. the doctor tells me theres no cure and not much he can do unless its my entire leg and or more serious. i am suppost to wear a compression stocking...and it doesnt help. he wrapped my foot in a soft cast for a week and it helped a little but only for a day or 2 once i took it off. he told me to lay off the salt, soda, to drink more plain water(i really only drink flavored), etc. if you find something that helps, please message me. im having a hard time too, im so sorry your going through that.i had the swelling like 4 years ago for a while and one day it went away..then a year later out of nowhere it was swollen and hasnt gone down since. the first time i had it the doctor tried one of those black boots, and it helped! but not the second time :(. i broke my ankle while i was in physical therapy(that wasnt working anyways because they didnt know what was wrong). they couldn't put a real cast on because of the swelling problem, they were afraid it would get worse and i'd be hurting more so they put on 1/2 a cast. i had a hard time on crutches(im VERY clumsy :p) so they put me in an aircast, so actually minus the pain from the lymphedema, the aircast actually helped the swelling a little. im not saying go break your ankle or anything :P but maybe some kind of boot might help you. im 16 and i cant take gym class in school because my ankle is messed up not only from the break(minimal issues), but because the swelling makes it so my foot/ankle isn't flexible enough to run and jump. i always get hurt. i'm only telling you these things to show you your not alone and im trying to compair the problems between our lymphedema, maybe we can help eachother. good luck!
Um...to everyone here that believes there is no cure to lymphedema, please, there's good news. My name is Andrew Matta, I've had lymphedema for five years in the left leg. And yes, doctors told me this and that...all ********. Well the good news, I did my surgery by the best, Professor Dr. Campisi in Genoa, Italy. Um, he fixed and cured my lymphedema. In a couple years time, my leg will be back to 100%. You may think this is a hoax or a scam. Thats fine. But please, I know how agonizing and painful lymphedema is. So I'm not joking around when I say there is a cure. If you wish to talk to me further, my email is matta.***@**** I will be more then honored and blessed to talk with you in any questions or concerns you may have about this surgery. I can send you a before and after photo...anything you need, please let me know. Lymphedema plain out *****. I know the feeling. But, it's 2012, stop living in the past, medicine is advancing, research is improving. And this professor has been studying lymphedema since 1973, and started doing the surgery in the mid-80's. When you understand the science of his surgery, it's a fail proof method. He's done it for more then 10000 patients, most of them from Italy, but he's also had patients from around the world. Please please pleas, if you are serious about fixing your lymphedema, just email me, I'll be more then happy to help

Email is m a t t a .... d o t . .. . .  a n d r e w . . . . at . . . . . .g m a I l  . . . d o t . . . c o m