Lymphedema Community
Lymphadenopathy

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

Lymphadenopathy

I am new here and unsure what forum to look at for this "Lymphadenopathy".
I had never heard of this before, and not really sure what it is. I did do a google search, but I am not the type to believe in anything something on some internet page is saying. I prefer to get answers from real life people, so here I am looking for answers, or someone who may had this before.

I had develop a lump in my right armpit ( away from the surface ) and it was painful when I had stretch my arm ( which is how I had found the lump ).  The very next morning when I woke up, it went from a dime size to a little bigger then a quarter but was painless and it still is painless. Last night it got to like a half dollar/golf ball size, then today it is back down to a dime size. It increases in size once in a while, and I only had this for 3 days. I had went to my doctors today to get this checked out, she had checked both armpits,my neck and shoulder ( I am also having pain on my left side of the neck ). I have a pea size cyst on my left armpit, and this lump on my right armpit. She had said she thinks it may be an infection in my body that is causing this, or it can be my lymp nodes. I wasn't prescribed any medication or anything. She asked me to watch it, and come back on the 19th. I get home and check my after dr appt summary which is online, and she had down "Lymphadenopathy" . I am unsure what that really is.
Is a cyst the same thing as whatever this is? She didn't say it was a cyst, just said it was a lump maybe in the lymph nodes? And to keep checking it. I had also develop a cold yesterday, and unsure if it is from this too.

Just to throw it out there, I am diabetic ( 2 ), also have low thyroid. There is a history of breast cancer, Parkinson disease, and lupus in my family .
Anyone?
I still haven't received any responses yet. 4 days ago I had noticed a dimple? puckering of the skin?? What is that? I still have the lump which is prob the same size of a marble or maybe a little smaller. I never experiences this before so I am curious!!
When I had nodes pop up like that, mine were painful, I was diagnosed with Lupus.  When you are a diabetic you are prone to have more things "go wrong" in your system.  You should go to the Dr and have this checked out.  I went to the Dr and went through a battery of tests.  I was daignosed with Lupus and treated and the swelling in my right arm pit went down.  Any time you have a history of breast cancer in your family, you want to keep a check on that regardless of swollen lymph nodes.  So to make yourself feel better and take care of this problem quickly I would suggest you go ahead and make an appointment.  And do not fear if they send you for a mammogram, it is not as horrible as the horror stories you will hear.  I made myself sick with worry over how bad it would be and it was not.