Lymphedema Community
Node Biopsy accuracy

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

Node Biopsy accuracy

I have multiple enlarged nodes in my neck/ears and had a biopsy done on one node because it was the easiest one to remove.  Results came back benign.  Can I rest assured that everything is fine?  If one node is fine should the rest of them be benign too?
Hi there!

Though cancer could involve a single or just a few nodes; if one ‘enlarged’ lymphnode is fine, others are likely to be so. If the lymphnode enlargement was cancerous it is likely to have involves all ‘enlarged lymphnodes’. I would suggest waiting for some time to note if the nodes come down. If there is no appreciable reduction in size, one may consider FNAC/ biopsy of a few other accessible lymphnodes as well. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!