Lymphedema Community
Swollen nodes in neck!!?? Scared and worried...please help!
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen nodes in neck!!?? Scared and worried...please help!

Hi there! I'm a 29 year old female who has been having trouble with swollen lymph nodes in my neck for the last month. I am scared of the diagnosis. I've also had a few irregular blood tests with lower than normal neutrophil and reticulocyte counts. I'm seeing a hematologist/oncologist in a month and am frightened. I've been sick off and on since Christmas so I'm not sure if maybe my body hasn't had time to repair itself. I also suffer from anxiety so I'm frasking out about this. Anyone have similar experience? Thanks in advance! :(
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Neck lymph nodes can be the result of tonsillitis, pharyngitis (infection of upper throat), infection in mouth, caries in tooth, internal ear infection, outer ear infection, eczema, dermatitis, dandruff, breast cancer, fungal infection, other cancers like lymphoma etc. If you had flu like symptoms initially then it could be due to infectious mononucleosis too as persistent infection can also give low counts.  Please discuss this with your doctor.  Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Thank you! I have had the mono spot done twice but it's possible to hand a false negative as I've had mono before I was told! My dr seems to think my lymph nodes are swollen because my body is constantly in fight mode as I'm a middle school teacher and have a 16 month old that attends daycare regularly. He's not concerned so I'm not sure what else I should do? I see a hematologist/oncologist on April 16! So I guess just wait??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lymphedema Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...