Lymphedema Community
lymph node in 4 year old

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

lymph node in 4 year old

in 2010 my son was diagnosed with coxsackie virus...it was very bad. he had the sores on the back of his throat and high fevers...thankfully he was ok ...after he was diagnosed i noticed a small swollen lymph node on the right side of his neck below his ear. i voiced my concern to his dr who said it was from the virus. its almost 2 years later and the node is still there. it has not gotten any larger and everytime he goes to her she feels it and says its fine...my question is why is it still there? should it not have gone down? i do notice that everytime he gets sick which is often cause he just started prek) it gets a little bigger. it doesnt hurt and its moveable. do they ever fully go down? ive searched all over the web and cant fine anything about this!
Hi there!

Lymph nodes may take some time to resolve after the actual infection has subsided, especially in children. As long as it’s movable, soft, and not increasing in size and your doctor thinks its fine, this should not be anything to worry about. I would suggest giving it time and getting it examined periodically (6-12months) by a pediatrician to detect any changes or if it would require further investigation/ management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!