Lymphedema Community
swollen gland in groin

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

swollen gland in groin

I have a swollen gland in my groin, right side (i think inguinal gland).  This was found in ultrasound.  I noticed it about two months ago, but for about one month has been causing pain/pressure in the groin.  This is accompanied with epididymitis pain.  the pain behind the right testicle.  I have tested for std's three times now.  always negative.  bacterial cultures done three times as well with no growth of anything.  i have taken two weeks of doxy and ten days of cipro.  still no change.  what could cause the lump in groin/swollen gland and testicle pain if not a bacterial infection?  also, for about the past two weeks i have pain in my right hip/joint and also feels like a pulled muscle on the right side that extends from abdomen to inner thigh.
Hi!
Swollen lymph nodes in the groin could be due to STDs (e.g., gonococcal infection, herpes simplex virus, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum etc), infection in foot, sweat dermatitis on scrotum or groin, fungal infection of scrotum or groin, dermatitis in pelvic area, boils in pelvic area etc. Other than this pelvic malignancy and lymphoma could be the other causes. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Dear doctor. Thank you for your comments. The ultrasound of the enlarged lymph node in the inguinal area came back measuring 19mm x 11mm x 6mm.  Report was "reactive with mainly benign features."   My doctor took this result and stated it is not lymphoma, rather a reaction to what ever infection caused the testicle pain. Now that the testicle pain is almost totally gone, should the node not go away as well?  I can't tell, but the bulge in my groin looks the same size and I feel it more now. Also referred pain in hip, thigh, and iliac crest. Would you agree with my doctors diagnosis?