Lymphedema Community
swollen groin lymph node?

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

swollen groin lymph node?

earlier today I noticed a bit of a soreness in my groin area (female, 33) on my right side.  I thought I had banged into something and it was just sore.   Then a few hours ago I noticed the soreness was very prominent to the touch and feels like I have something growing and hurts for a very long time after either touching it or sitting leaning forward.   A hot pressure feeling.   Just wondering if that's how a swolloen groin lymph node would feel.  I know the ones under my jaw would hurt to touch when swollen, but don't remember them feeling like they're being pushed outward or a raw burn feeling under the skin.  I'm trying to ignore it, not really a spot I want to play show and tell with the doctor.  Would a warm compress be helpful or not recomended?  Thanks.  
come to think of it, it's been a few days that something's been bugging me there.  For a bit I thought my underwear was just bothering me.   So it's not a new thing today, but a gradual build up to something obviously bugging me.
well for the most part of the day it didn't bother me, but now it's starting up again with that swelling feeling.  I also have a problem with my glucose levels dropping shortly after eating.   Got more test strips today and my numbers 2 hours after eating were in the 140 to 150 range.  Way over my normal numbers.   Looked up whether infection messes up glucose levels and found that levels will rise with infection.  So that solves that mystery.  I do have an infection I guess.  If it doesn't subside in a week I may have to see a doctor about it.   Just rather not for that area.   If she could take my word on it, that'd be great.  But doubt it.
Swollen lymph nodes tend to be tender and warm to the touch with associated swelling. I would make a doctor's appointment soon because your glucose numbers are high and you don't want to keep waiting to see if it will get better or not. It's better to stay on top of your diabetes as to not allow your numbers to sky rocket even more. I wouldn't worry about having the doctor see that area, as they have seen it all before and it's not a big deal at all to them. Have your doctor take a look and then go from there. Hope you're feeling better soon.  
Have you seen the doctor yet about this?  It could be some sort of bacterial infection, do you have a fever? What's the outcome?  I hope by now you're feeling better, was w/o net due to a nasty storm.