Lymphedema Community
swollen lymph nodes for nine months

WELCOME TO THE LYMPHEDEMA COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to Lymphedema, Lymph Abnormalities, Primary/Secondary Lymphedema, Cellulitis, Lipedema, and any other problems or question members may have concerning Lymphatic matters.

swollen lymph nodes for nine months

I have had swollen lymph nodes for the past 9 months. Nurse Practitioner said I tested positive for the Ebstein Barr Virus back a few months ago. I never had fever or sore throat, it actually felt like a gono or chlamydia and started the day after unprotected sex with a female, but tested neg for gono, chlamydia swabs. Negative RPR. Negative for HIV at 4, 8 and 14 weeks. I just ran a mono spot test and it resulted as negagitve, but my lymph nodes are swollen still. It seems to get worse when I abstain from sex or ejaculation. If it were active mono shouldn't it have tested positive on the mono spot test? Could it be HIV in a dormant stage that isnt being picked up due to not sero converting yet, or would the HIV tests have caught that at 14 weeks? I have never knowingly had mono as a child. I was 42 when I got what ever this is. I had unprotected sex with a woman, but had just had oral surgery and was exposed orally to her. I was under influence of opiates for pain ,so I was thinking emotionally not biologically, and am really concerened. My urine slides looked almost like shistoma larvae, but were not motile, and no cycts, but she did appear to literally look like she had elephantitis vaginitis. Her lavia was disgustingly huge. Her thighs were kind of bronisg tinged and she refused to let me see her feet, which I am assuming were fungally infected. She claims she is not sick, I emailed her this weekend. I was treated with gono shots, cipro, doxy, clindamycine, the doxy is the only thing that brought the swelling down half way. I am a lab tech student, so that is how I did a mono spot and looked at my own urine slides.
Hi!
Lymph nodes can swell in the groin area due to infections of the pelvic area, leg or foot infections, and STDs. Since it is responding to Doxy, it is unlikely to be any viral STD such as HIV. Syphilis, gonorrhea and other bacterial STDs should be ruled out by repeat test. Also, pelvic infections such as UTI, prostatitis, epididymitis etc should also be ruled out.  Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.