263?1253617153
MSK (Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease) User Group
Re: MSK Concerns?
About This Group:

This patient Support Group is for discussions relating to MSK (Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease). If you or somebody you know suffers from MSK, you've come to the right place to give, get, & share advice about this oftentimes painful, uncommon disease. WELCOME to our GROUP ~ We're Here to Help!

Founded by ChitChatNine on September 22, 2009
37 members

Re: MSK Concerns?

Hello, I am new on here and was diagnosed with MSK in Feb. 2009.  I have other serious medical conditions, but they are taken second seat to my kidney problems at the moment.  I have had approx. 15 diagnosed and treated kidney infections in the past 21 months, most treated with oral and IV Cypro.  I had bilateral stents placed for 6 weeks in Feb. 2009, at which time they removed many stones from both kidneys, found a lot of calcification in both kidneys, and a lot of scarring and narrowing in both tubes, more so in the right.  I am suffering many complications due to this condition alone and it only seems to be getting worse.  I have been on low-dose preventative antibiotics, to no avail and I suffer a lot of pain and tremendous bloating, and edema, high blood-pressure, tachycardia, and this is effecting the other health issues.  One big problem is the edema in both legs, I also suffer from neuropathy and atrophy in both legs and hips, (now beginning in arms) and use a metal crutch to walk and a wheel chair.  This is made worse by the fluid retention.  I would like to be able to talk with people who are going thru similar things, or know people who have MSK.  I would like to participate in research programs, and I am concerned about the hereditary factors, as well as the real possibility of dialysis and kidney transplants.  I welcome any suggestions, comments, or directions and thank you all in advance.
From a concerned MSK Gramma.
Hi welcome .. we are in startup phase here .. the regular community is here and may be able to help you until we really get up and running here!

Stop by please

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Medullary-Sponge-Kidney-Disease-MSK-/show/256?camp=msc

C~
Again< I apologize since the posts on this forum do not come to my inbox I have neglected you all!  Please pm me with an e-mail address and I can send you some info and articles that can help you!   I would be glad to help you all that I can. I do hope you made it over to our larger forum since we have so many great post and articles there
already!

Shelly

ChitChatNine loves the Fall! Comment
moonmom801 Tired and heavy Comment
May 03
moonmom801 joined this group
Welcome them!
May 03