does this even sound like MSK or possibly misdiagnosed?
Hello everyone! I am new to this site! I am 22 and I just found out last week that i may have MSK. I went to the doc and found out I had a uti with blood in my urine. A couple days later I had a persistant back pain (lower right of my back) and ended up going to the hospital. I had a CT scan and the doc said my kidney looked "unusual" and that they think it may be MSK. I don't have frequent UTI's nor have i had a kidney stone that I am aware of! I am really worried about this! I go to my family doc tmrw to discuss the findings of my CT scan. Did anyones symptoms start out this way?
My symptoms started out the same way and that was over a year ago. It took my doctor 8 months to find anything wrong with me and last week I was diagnosed with MSK I have a severe UTI and Stones and the pain just keeps getting worse. It is better that you find out now so this can be prevented. Drink a crazy amount of water everyday thats my best advice for you. Hope that helps.
cb2010... I think though I miss you question here I answered in on the urology board.//
but I would get a copy of the radiologist report.  There are many who have said IVP is the standard for MSK diagnosis.  The nephro calcinosis shows up on a CT scan but the the IVP collecting duct issues.
PS PLEASE VISIT THE OTHER MSK SITE HERE:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Medullary-Sponge-Kidney-Disease-MSK-/show/25
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 19
EquineArtist commented on photo
Feb 03