MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) User Group
Information
About This Group:

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.

Founded by Dragon1973 on October 23, 2010
71 members

Information

I am 33 years old. I have two children 13 and 8. I did have 2 miscarriages in between the two live births. I was just diagnosed with MTHFR this week, and I want more information. I go see a hematologist next friday, and I have been searching every website availabe until then. I still dont understand this fully. How did they just find this now? How have I lived 33 years with no symptoms until now? I have seen 3 doctors, and all 3 have told me different things. One said its no big deal just take an asprin a day, and folic acid supplement, and in a few years start on coumadin. The other said the same thing. They were both OB docs. My FP doc is sending me to a hematologist, he thinks it is more serious. Needles to say I am scared to death. Any input or info, I need it. My husband and I were trying to have another child, last one of course, but now I am scared to death to even try.
deseperate joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 14
Betzine joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 08
Wannabe13 commented on SELF ARTIFICIAL INSEM...
Jul 15