MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) User Group
MTHFR and High Iron Levels
About This Group:

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.

Founded by Dragon1973 on October 23, 2010
72 members

MTHFR and High Iron Levels

I was just told I have a MTHFR gene mutation. Can anyone help me to understand why I would also have high iron levels?  My doctor told me to stay away from red meat and vitamin C. And, I am taking Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and I was told to stop taking Birth Control because it depletes Vitamin B9, which I also am lacking and need.
I have found some research on line, but it is very limited.
Can anyone provide some insight?
Sbondari sbondari Comment
Oct 28
Sbondari joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 27
queenspade uploaded new photos
Oct 21