MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) User Group
Some info/help please
About This Group:

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.

Founded by Dragon1973 on October 23, 2010
69 members

Some info/help please

My daughter ha3 3 children.  Two births were normal, the middle child's birth was the result of total abruption, emergency c-section, child was not alive at birth, bagged, stabelized and transferred to Cook's in Ft Worth. At the age of 3 was diagnosed with autism.(at birth he was without oxygen for 7 minutes). After the delivery my daughter had blood work that revealed MTHFR.

My question is, my first 2 preg's were a disaster.  Bleeding the first 6-7 months of both. I now have a problem with swollen feet and ankles due to poor blood flow and low blood pressure.  Do I also have MTHFR and is this causing my swollen feet/ankles.  My feet stay cold, but are not cold to touch.
Wannabe13 commented on SELF ARTIFICIAL INSEM...
Jul 15
bcmp1298 joined this group
Welcome them!
May 10
queenspade commented on retta483's status
Mar 24