MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) User Group
just told I have mthfr
About This Group:

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.

Founded by Dragon1973 on October 23, 2010
68 members

just told I have mthfr

Hi, I was told yesterday to start a low dose aspirin a day.  The doctor said I have the mthfr and he felt it was causing some of my problems.  I also have celiac sprue so that does not help as my levels are all to low.  I take 5000 iu of D and other vitamins daily.  I go for more blood tests on Monday to see if my levels are any better if not they will raise the amounts yet again.  
I have trouble walking there are times I fall or stumble and walk like I have been drinking.  I have severe back pain with no one being able to figure out what is causing it.  They thought it might be MS but have ruled that out then found the mthfr.  Can anyone tell me the symptoms of this mthfr and what other than taking vitamins and aspirin I can do.  I have three kids last pg was a miscarriage.  Not sure if the kids have it or not they need to be tested but they are all adults.  My daughter has problems with blood clots so I would guess she has it.  
I am so tired and wondered if that was one of the side affect so many questions and my doctor did not tell me a thing other than to read up on it.  Thanks
queenspade commented on retta483's status
Mar 24
queenspade HAPPY ANGEL DAY TO MY SON A... Comment
Mar 13
chrissymom commented on photo
Mar 01