lovenox
Does anyone have medicine squirt out of the suringe when you put the safety on ? Is this okay or  am i not getting all the medicine in?
Hi GinaGi,

Do you tap the syringe until the air bubble gets to the top of it?  Mine doesn't squirt out after I put the safety on, and I think  it's because I make sure that that special sealing air bubble goes to the top so that when I inject, all of the contents get inside me, and actually the air bubble should be the seal at the end, ensuring that you get all the fluid.  It's the way that Lovenox ensures you are getting exactly the pre-metered dose.  If you are getting a squirt at the end, it tells me that you are missing some of the Lovenox.

Try slightly shaking the syringe until the air bubble rolls to the very top.  I find tapping it doesn't work as well as just shaking it back and forth.  When I used to tap it, I found that when I uncapped it to give my injection, a drip would come out of the end.  When I started doing the slight shake or roll, it didn't drip out any longer.

I have a great tutorial on Lovenox, I am not sure if it mentions this or not but it is a great file to have for any reference at all regarding Lovenox.

http://healthcare.utah.edu/thrombosis/patients/Lovenox.pdf

Hope this helps!

In addition to anything I have mentioned, please keep in mind, that while I or others may have extensive knowledge in many areas, you should always seek professional medical advice from your own physician, as it pertains to medical conditions or concerns.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Genetics Community Leader;
Children - Special Needs Community Leader;
Down syndrome Community Leader & Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator;
MTHFR Group Forum Founder/Moderator;
Pregnancy: June 2011 Community Leader
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
macejaran joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 09
melisssan joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 05
Dr_Potter joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 07