MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) User Group
lovenox
About This Group:

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.

Founded by Dragon1973 on October 23, 2010
71 members

lovenox

Does anyone have medicine squirt out of the suringe when you put the safety on ? Is this okay or  am i not getting all the medicine in?
1 Comment
Hi GinaGi,

Do you tap the syringe until the air bubble gets to the top of it?  Mine doesn't squirt out after I put the safety on, and I think  it's because I make sure that that special sealing air bubble goes to the top so that when I inject, all of the contents get inside me, and actually the air bubble should be the seal at the end, ensuring that you get all the fluid.  It's the way that Lovenox ensures you are getting exactly the pre-metered dose.  If you are getting a squirt at the end, it tells me that you are missing some of the Lovenox.

Try slightly shaking the syringe until the air bubble rolls to the very top.  I find tapping it doesn't work as well as just shaking it back and forth.  When I used to tap it, I found that when I uncapped it to give my injection, a drip would come out of the end.  When I started doing the slight shake or roll, it didn't drip out any longer.

I have a great tutorial on Lovenox, I am not sure if it mentions this or not but it is a great file to have for any reference at all regarding Lovenox.

http://healthcare.utah.edu/thrombosis/patients/Lovenox.pdf

Hope this helps!

In addition to anything I have mentioned, please keep in mind, that while I or others may have extensive knowledge in many areas, you should always seek professional medical advice from your own physician, as it pertains to medical conditions or concerns.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Genetics Community Leader;
Children - Special Needs Community Leader;
Down syndrome Community Leader & Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator;
MTHFR Group Forum Founder/Moderator;
Pregnancy: June 2011 Community Leader
queenspade uploaded new photos
shaybug88 commented on You know you're ...
Oct 16
deseperate joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 14