MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) User Group
mthfr mutation and treatment
About This Group:

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.

Founded by Dragon1973 on October 23, 2010
72 members

mthfr mutation and treatment

The one I have is c677t heterozygous.
I've had a lot of weird symptoms--shaking, tingling, anxiety, a caffeinated feeling (but having no caffeine). Right now my hands and arms are tingling and it hurts. Is this due to the neurotransmitter problem?
I was given a supplement by my naturopath called Methyl Guard which has certain forms of B vitamins (in very high doses).
Anyone this or something like it? Did it help?
It's suposed ot help w/neurotransmitters, so up my serotonin and dopamine.

I have anxiety disorder (have for many many years--used to be panic and depression). The doc said this supplement may help my serotonin and dopamine enough to lower my antidepressant.
1 Comment
Bump
Sbondari sbondari Comment
Oct 28
Sbondari joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 27
queenspade uploaded new photos
Oct 21