MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) User Group
need heparin help!! please?
About This Group:

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.

Founded by Dragon1973 on October 23, 2010
68 members

need heparin help!! please?

I am 24 year old. I have an almost 4 year old daughter. A year after she was born I had a m/c due to anencephaly and leter found out I tested pos. For homozygous myhfr. About six months later I got pregnant again and at 20 weeks found out my son had hydrops. At 28 weeks his heart stopped due to ablood clot this also happened with my m/c, but I didn't know at that time. Now I am taking 4mg folic acid, prenatal vitamins, and a 81mg asprin. I just found out that I am 7 weeks pregnant and my new doctor did a bunch of blood work Monday 16. He said I needed to come back on the 27th to talk about the blood work, get another u/s, and decide if I want to start heparin shots. I need help deciding what to do. Please help me decide!!
queenspade commented on retta483's status
Mar 24
queenspade HAPPY ANGEL DAY TO MY SON A... Comment
Mar 13
chrissymom commented on photo
Mar 01