695?1278534013
March 2011 Babies User Group
Bedrest? Anyone?
About This Group:

This is the place to ask questions, post information, and share stories and support with other women due in March 2011. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Founded by mmeriche on July 7, 2010
63 members

Bedrest? Anyone?

Just checking to see who has been put on bedrest and the reason for it?
I haven't been put on bedrest, but I am just supposed to restrict my activities.  The reason is because I have a history of pre-term labor and have been expiriencing a lot of extra pressure and cramping in my pelvic area.  So its just a precaution.  Are you on bedrest?
I am also not on bedrest but am on restricted activity also due to a low lying placenta. Basically no sex, and I cannot lift anything over 15 pounds... Hoping I will be off of restriction soon
I was on bedrest for my second son and it was bad. I wasnt allowed to fix my own food or get outta bed unless to use bathroom and I was restricted to showers every other day (like that happened  ..lol). It was cuz they thought I would go into preterm labor because of symptoms I was having at 7mos. Turned out that I nearly had uterine rupture...the lining was very very thin and when doc did c-section the intial line to mark went straight thru and even knicked my bladder. I had to stay on the darn catheter longer which was a pain cuz I itched to get up and go...I hate laying in bed...lol. So this go round we are watching the symptoms but so far...this one has been so different that I dont feel like I did with my first or second...so we are hoping all goes and continues on well and no bed rest this time!
I was having pre-term contractions at 24 weeks. I was given trebutaline to stop them which worked for a day. Now I'm on procardia every 4 hours with bedrest. The baby is right on my cervix..the contractions are few and far between but what are the chances I'll have to be on bedrest for the rest of this pregnancy? My cervix shortens to 2.7 when they pressed on my belly.
I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through.  With my daughter I didn't have to deal with that until I was 33 weeks and I was scared to death, so I can only imgaine how you must feel right now.  I would assume that your Dr. would keep you on bedrest until you are full term or baby decides it's time, but that is just what my Dr. did.  Are you having more frequent visits to your Dr. so they can monitor your cervix/contractions?  I had to go every other day for the first week and then it was every three days, but it is different with every doctor.  Bedrest may be awful, but I'm sure you'd rather keep baby in there as long as possible.  Please be sure to update on how things progress and I hope you and baby continue to do well!!
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. I will be going tomorrow for an appointment and have weekly visits thereafter. I'm assuming she will be monitoring my cervix to see if there has been any change. I haven't had to take as much medication so that's good
I was on bedrest with my third pregnancy due to early signs of preeclampsia and was delivered at 33 weeks. I've never had to deal with such a hard thing as having my baby in the NICU and me being totally helpless! Now I'm having my 4th and I totally depend on my high risk specialist for my health this pregnancy. I'm 23 weeks and praying I make it past 33 weeks this time!
Best wishes to you and your little one!
ready4number4 Baby number 6 is a BOY!!!! ... Comment
Sep 11
rbohl01 Had another doctors appoint... Comment
Sep 10
rbohl01 commented on zara2010's status
Aug 14