695?1278534013
March 2011 Babies User Group
No appetite increase, is something wrong?
About This Group:

This is the place to ask questions, post information, and share stories and support with other women due in March 2011. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Founded by mmeriche on July 7, 2010
63 members

Hey ladies I am wondering if I am normal Im 24 weeks and still my appetite has not increased at all. Literally I eat only because I have to. I have breakfast after 10 am and can go without lunch until 3 pm I may eat a fruit in between. Then I can have a dinner which can be a sandwich with fruit and be fine. Thank goodness my baby is very active. I am just wondering if Im normal I hear of women's appetite increasing considerably more than normal. I have only gained about 3-4 pounds since my last visit November, I'll see if I gained when I go to clinic tomorrow. Your input will be appreciated!!
i think we go through phases.. i have noticed my overall appetite slowing a little as of recently. i still eat enough, in my opinion, but do sometimes eat just because i know it is good for my baby. then, the appetite will increase for a couple of days, before decreasing a little. i think as long as your baby is healthy, you are too and feeling good, and your doctor isn't concerned with your weight gain/lack of.. then you are good to go! a friend of mine who is ahead of me by 7 weeks told me that one month she gained something like 8 pounds, and like 2 the next. i think this is probably reflective of our baby's growth spurts, and is totally normal. :) keep me posted on what your doctor says tomorrow!
I agree with mmeriche...There for a few weeks my appetite went up and I gained 7 lbs in a month and then this past visit I had lost 1 lb just because my appetite went back down.  Just keep eating lots of healthy food when you're hungry and try not to skip too many meals because baby does need the food.  Don't stress about it because your body knows when it needs food and as long as baby is happy and growing that's what really matters.
I dont know bout anyone else but the further along I get the less I eat only because there is less room in there. I can take a few bites and I am full. I actually lost 3lbs this past month but doc said it is perfectly normal. Actually it is quite sad cuz I get sooo hungry my stomach will growl and I will crave this or that but once I get it I barely touch it...lol!
Well the clinic visit went well, the midwife assured that once I eat the proper foods we will be fine. I have a doctor's visit next week so I'll see what she says. I still have 3 months to go so I guess I will eventually put on a few pounds by then, so far I've gained 5 pound in total. Thank you for you inputs and much blessings and safety to you and your angels as you head toward  March.
rbohl01 commented on photo
Oct 22
rbohl01 commented on photo
Oct 22
markysmess commented on photo
Oct 21