695?1278534013
March 2011 Babies User Group
trouble breathing
About This Group:

This is the place to ask questions, post information, and share stories and support with other women due in March 2011. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Founded by mmeriche on July 7, 2010
63 members

trouble breathing

so, it looks like my baby is moving on up and claiming some more space! she's entitled. :)

is anyone else experiencing a little trouble breathing? i have felt it for about two days now. it isn't bad, but i get that uncomfortable feeling, like my lungs can't get quite enough air, and have to force a deep breath instead of it just being involuntary.

i live at a high altitude, but can't say it is that, as i am acclimated to that just fine. it probably doesn't help this out, though.

i have a feeling i'm not the only one experiencing this.. what are you doing to make it easier to breathe?
I feel it sometimes, I also have hard time sleeping. I have to use one of those wedge pregnancy pillows. I get out of breath going up and down the stairs.
I get this alot. It has worsened lately too. I think its because I dont have much space left in there. I had the same thing really bad with my daughter but never had it when I was prego with my son...

You are having a little girl right??? It probably has nothing to do with the baby's sex but I have a hard time not relating it to it since I am having a little girl again and experiencing this. I wish I could say it gets better but it really never did for me before. Its not constant though, just often. I find more relief if you can sit in a chair and stretch back a bit.

the stairs are becoming reallllly hard for me. i usually sprint up and down the four flights of our building like a gazelle, but these days, i have to catch my breath after two floors and then slowly go up the rest. looks like the elevator may take precedence soon.

stretching back in the chair is a great relief.. thanks for reminding me of that, going to do that now. oh and yes, i'm having a baby girl!

the pregnancy pillow i got was weird to adjust to for the first couple of nights, now i am so glad i have it.. it seems to help in so many ways..

we are in this together, ladies! our precious babies are growing, that is for sure. maybe there are some breathing techniques out there that we could try to help open up the chest more? or something to put in the bath, like eucalyptus, perhaps. but what is safe for a pregnant lady? hmm. if you discover any additional breathing relieving methods, please let me know. :)

I have just started experiencing this especially at night. Sometimes it's like i can't breath at all. I have to sit up to sleep. My fiance bought me a comfortable rocking chair that reclines and sometimes that's where i sleep.
Hi I've read that sleeping on your back can affect your breathing along with a host of other problems like backaches, heartburn, poor circulation to your heart and baby and low blood pressure. So perhaps when you're in bed and watching tv or reading you spend alot of time on your back which is normal to do but it can eventually impact your breathing. Lying on the left side is highly recommended which Im sure you've heard. So try to observe if that may be a cause for your problematic breathing!!
I am right there with you ladies. My lil man is in my ribs all the time to the point that I can feel him sticking me with his elbows or hands. I am also having PVCs (premature ventricular contsrictions) that the doc said is totally normal and will go away once I deliver...which it did with my first son. In the meantime my heart either races or misses beats and it makes breathing a little more difficult. Doc said it is cuz the heart works harder and it is not harmful to me or baby...but of course it is hard to believe that when I struggle to breath or move cuz it makes me so lethargic.
rbohl01 commented on zara2010's status
Aug 14
Hollus commented on photo
Aug 13
rbohl01 Had another ultrasound toda... Comment
Aug 13