Mastocytosis Community
Can lesions from mastocytosis exist on the genitals?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Mastocytosis.

3973598?1234267892
Hello All,

When I was 15, I was diagnosed with a disease with a long name ending in pigmentosa, and I had no idea what the doctor was talking about. What I did know was that the doctor called in all of the MD's on the floor to show them how he had written his name on my back with the eraser of his pencil, and he told me that some of the fleshy "moles" I had on my body were not moles at all but lesions related to the disease. Because my insurance company charges tons for dermatologist visits, I quit going to that doctor and have not been examined in many years.

After taking my first sex-ed class in middle school, I took one look at the pictures and self-diagnosed my virgin self with genital warts due to a flesh-colored raised area on my scrotum. At the time, I did not make the connection between the skin disease and what I perceived to be a genital wart, which happens to still be there today (11 years later). I have always wondered if the mole-ish growth is linked to mastocytosis. I have attached a picture of some of the lesions on my chest, the larger of which are identical to the one on my scrotum.
If you have Urticaria Pigmentosa I would say it's quite possible that that is what it is.  If your pigmentosa becomes inflamed when they are rubbed and the spot you are referring to acts the same way then I would say that would more than likely be pigmentosa.  Hope this helps!