Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
41 and trying to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

41 and trying to conceive

Hi. well it has been 4 years since I have been on this site. My DH and I have a beautiful 4 year old girl. I turned 41 in May and we decided to start trying for one more baby. Dr. gave me the go ahead to try.. We tried in August but I got my period. My question is..are there any moms out there at my age who are trying or did have a baby at my age.  How long did it take to get pregnant????  Also do you have a better chance getting pregnant before you ovulate or during???  Thanks!!!
Hi there,

My DH and I have two girls as well...10 and 12...and have decided to try for one more.  I turned 40 in January, so we are about 9mos apart in age :).

I got pregnant this month- first month trying- but believe I have lost it.  Tested positive the day my period was due, and again the day after. Today- 3 days late- got an almost non-exisitent positive. Doesn't look good.

Am seeing my doc this AM to see what she has to say about the whole thing.  Will let you know if there is anything interesting to pass along.

To get pg, we "abstained" for three days.  I used an ovulation predictor kit, and we had sex on what it showed to be my most fertile day...I believe it was the day of ov.  

Good luck!!!!

I am 41 and about to be 32 weeks pregnant. We have 19, 17, 8 and 4 year old children. I seem to not have a problem getting pregnant but we have had many miscarriages. I finally went to an RE and my progesterone was low so I took the little caplets with this one. I always do my basal temps and I O on the 18th day so we begin trying on about day 15 (because we wanted a girl so u want to have sex a few days BEFORE O)  Whats weird is with this one we messed up the dates so we hadnt had sex for like 4 days when I ovulated and somehow ended up with a baby! LOL
I got pregnant at 38, 40 and 42 without trying and all 3 babies perfectly healthy.  Sometimes nature just takes over.
I had my last baby at 43, my daughter at 45, my grandmother at 46, and an aunt at 52. All babies healthy and born naturally. Maybe you should throw the calendar away. I could make you nervous.
I was 41 when I conceived.  My sister (13 years younger) had trouble getting pregnant and had fertility drugs.  My husband and I thought we should start trying after marriage since my sister had problems.  We thought it would take a while but I used "my days" app.  on my android phone and it tells you when your most fertile..etc.  I got pregnant on the first try.  We now have a 2 month old girl =)... I'm now 42 of age and exhausted.  I think maybe a younger mom has more energy to deal with getting up every two hours to feed.  If so, its ok.  I can still deal with the fatigue, shes worth it.