Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
Any large-family friendly Dr. in Manitoba?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

I am 38 years old. I just had my 8th child 6 months ago. My uterus had ruptured and my baby almost died. My labor was the worst ever 3 days of intense labor. I can usually focus pretty good and have pretty normal labors. We began our marriage wanting the average 2 children. Due to Providence, although we tried to stop the pregnancies they kept coming. We decided to have as many as would come our way and opened our hearts to that idea. We have many friends with large families. They are happy, beautiful and well-adjusted. Then this happened and the Doctors totally convinced us if we tried agian, myself and the baby would surely die....

Well, in our vulnerable state we agreed to a tubligation. Once I recovered and did some research I found out many women have gone on to have heathy, safe labor and deliveries after these same complications. We seldom believe everything we are fed from teh medical field...this time we were vulnerable. Now we regret the decision. We have grieved much!! Reading this forum has given me hope that maybe, just maybe it is possible to still get pregnant. They cut and burned one side the other side they apparently just clamped...does it sound possible??

Does anyone know of any doctor in Manitoba that is large family friendly??THat would give us positive advice in this situation??Please email me at ***@****.
Are you wanting to do a reversal?  If so, consult a fertility specialist (reproductive endocrinologist).  He/she will tell you your best options for getting pregnant but I have to say that your complications sound really scary!  By the way, your e-mail addy didn't go through.  Since you asked for advice, I would re-think doing a reversal and thank God for your healthy baby.  But again consult a RE.

I don't know of a doctor in manitoba but you could go to Society for Reproductive Medicine to get the name of a RE in your area.
you are also a candidate for ivf.  i am sorry your doctor scared you into making a lasting decision like a ligation at a time when you were so vulnerable.  i am also a uterine rupture survivor and although it is high risk, no doctor has said don't do it.  of course, there are degrees of severity and other issues which may make your case different.  consult a high risk dr with your records for another opinion.  there is a yahoo group for rupture survivors and there are women there who have experienced this just like you and would be a great place for questions.

How do I access this forum for rupture survivors?
go to yahoo groups, type in uterine rupture and 2 or 3 groups will come up.  i suggest auterinerupturesupportgroup it is full of supportive women who have gone through it also.  
did you join yet? not sure if i saw you over there.
Haven't joined yet. Tried to get to it, couldn't find it. I need the exact url.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Auterinerupturesupportgroup
Try contacting the Heartland fertility Clinic in Winnipeg. I had a ligation done 11 years ago. I was due to go to the facility for a  reversal this August, and what would ya know...I'm already pregnant (hey I saved $3000 bucks...lol)  they are very informative.

Goodluckand best wishes