Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
Formula Feeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Formula Feeding

I was wondering if there's anyone here who strictly formula fed their babies from day one and if everything turned out fine with their kids or had kids sick all the time from not breastfeeding? My daughter had issues latching properly which caused me some great deal of pain. I got sick of  her constantly being hungry waiting for my milk to come in I started her on formula. I didn't realize that I could have pumped my milk and put some into formula or just pumped milk and fed her it in a bottle. Just need some advice or opinions on if there is anything really wrong with formula. SHe seems ok on it but I am waiting for my milk supply to come back in before I feed her breast milk. Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am EBF. But a lot of my friends used formula from day 1 and their children are all healthy. I can honestly say that none of their children got sick more often than the BF babies I know. You have to do what you are comfortable with and what is best for your baby. I agree with you that a hungry baby is not a good thing.
Blank
I bottle fed both of my children.  They were both healthy and still are!  
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
My youngest daughter has five children. From the first one on, they all seemed to hate her breast milk and would push her away from she tried to feed them. Maybe she was producing some substance that was toxic to them. She finally gave up and bottle-fed them. They are all fine.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child: 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank