Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
Natural v's induced
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Natural v's induced

Would anyone be able to share their experience of their induction? I am booked to be induced on Monday morning if I dont go into labour naturally by then, and I have heard a lot of people say that being induced is a lot harder than going naturally as the contractions come on stronger and faster. I am also hoping to have a natural labour (no epidural...I know I havent been through it yet so I will most likely be begging for it, but I'm willing to try). Thanks.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It is much more painful (at least for me!).  Also, while many women have been successfully induced, induction carries its own risks, one of them being an increased rate of c-section.  Why are you being induced and how are you being induced?
Blank
304653_tn?1217004902
with my first... I was induced and it was a long labor !! not to mention hard. I was giving a so called natural birth with out pain meds. yuck

with this one I was scheduled an induce but lucky... she decited to come befor, lol only a few hours befor though. and with the help of an eperdural.... yay

good luck...maybe yours will decide to come on its own.
Blank
154929_tn?1196191338
I was inudced with both of my boys...first one was not so bad, long and strong contractions...I think the worst was from about 1:00 til 2:30 then I had Demeraol (sp) slept for and hr or so and then had baby at 4:23--second one four hours total much rougher go of it--could never get my breathing right and lost my focal point through the whole thing...never had an epidural--my hospital does not do them..both times delivered healthy baby boys over 8 1/2 lbs
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child: 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...