Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
Partial Molar Pregnency?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Partial Molar Pregnency?

I am 37 years old and 8-week pregnant. I had an Ultrasound yesterday and the doctor said there is a baby (with a heartbeat of 150) + 2 tumor like things in my uterus (both about 2.5 cm*2.6cm*2.8cm in size). She suspected at least one of the two tumors is a molar pregnancy. I have been trying to get some info online but couldn't find anything that says a molar pregnency can have a heart beat... Anybody who knows please help!!! I am devastated and don't know what to do...
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
377412_tn?1283813246
are they sure they arent fibroids?  I have 2 HUGE fibroids but nothing to interfere w/pregnancy.
Blank
I am 39 and 20 weeks pregnant. I had an operation (myomectomy) in 2006. Now I am experiencing joint pains and a Physician told me that he suspect it could be Rhumatic pain. Is there anybody who is having same problem ? Pls help
Blank
A partial molar pregnancy is different than a molar pregnancy. I had a partial molar a few years ago.

I don't think that molar pregnancies can have a heart beat because I think they are just a mass of undefined cells.

Are they going to run any tests to see if they can determine what's going on for sure? Best wishes to you!
Blank
233053_tn?1321647421
I may be wrong, but maybe your doctor meant that there was a healthy baby and there was a molar pregnancy both at the same time. I agree with the above post, molar pregnancies dont have heartbeat. they are a mass of cells.
Blank
darling.......there is noooooooooooooooooooooooo molar pregnancy with a heart beat . if you have that you must go to genes book of record ??? i had a molar so i know . enjoy your pregnancy ..and your gana have a healthy baby .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child: 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...