Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
Pregnancy leave

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

Pregnancy leave

I took 11 weeks of pregnancy leave including FMLA. Am I still entitle to take 4 weeks off before the baby arrives and 6 weeks after the baby arrives plus 6 more weeks of bonding time?
It depends on your company policy.  My Dr. signed my maternity leave form for 8 weeks.  Then I got my 12 weeks of FMLA on top of that.  We are not allowed any time off before the baby arrives unless the Dr. requires it. I have never heard of pregnancy leave or bonding time, but each company is different.  I work for a school system that allows me to take up to two years off without losing my job..of course, I do not get paid for any of my leave except for my accumulated sick days I could use for my 8 week maternity leave.