Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
Six year old w/frequent headaches
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Six year old w/frequent headaches

Hey all.  I couldn't find the child development forum, maybe it is gone?  Anyhow, my six year old daughter has been complaining of headaches since she started Kindergarten last year.  I have had her eyes tested recently, and there are no problems requiring glasses.  

She gets this look like something washes over her.  She temporarily looks pale, and won't talk except to say she doesn't feel well.  She will not be active at the time either.  Then, about 10-15 minutes later, she feels better.  The bad headache is gone, and she is left with a minor headache for several hours, and sometimes even the next day.  

Obviously, I have discussed this w/the pediatrican, and we are scheduled at the Headache Clinic at Children's Hospital on Monday.  

Just needed to know if anyone has experienced this w/their child, or knows of someone that has.  How common is this?  They are discussing a possible MRI to rule out brain tumors or other abnormalities.  

Thanks!