Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
Teething
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Teething

Hello,

My son is now over 5 months old and he's starting to teeth. Sunday and monday were nights of hell with him crying in pain - he fed only few mins on bb's then pushed them away. Also refused to take the bottle. He cried and stayed up most of the night. Tues, wed and this morning he's been sleeping - a marathon sleep. He usually sleeps 2-3 hours then wakes for a feed but its changed lately.  He's been feeding again past two days but is quite sleepy. He fusses after an hour or so until I put him to bed and then he sleeps over 3 hours. Is this normal ? I thought he'd be crying and cranky until the teeth broke out. So far we see whitish bumps on lower gums.  I mean, not complaining with all this free time but, worried if it could normal ?  
Related Discussions
377493_tn?1356505749
Hey Sue!!!  sorry so long for a response, I have been away for a bit.    Whenever Ryder was teething it was much like had a cold.  His sleep patterns were different...it always seemed to be harder on him at night, and then yes, he too would sleep more during the day.  I alternate baby tylenol and baby advil during the night.  On a nurses advise I give it as directed in order to stay ahead of the pain.  He settled down much better at night that way.  He never would take the orajel...hated it.  Good luck! ....Oh, and it often seemed weeks would go by of him working on those teeth before they actually surfaced.  It's normal.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child: 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...