Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
help!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help!

im 16 weeks and i dont feel pregnant at all maybe some of you older ladies can help me!!! is this NORMAL!
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
It is absolutely normal.  You are one of those lucky women having an easy pregnancy.  Second trimester is often called the "honeymoon" trimester in that women get their energy back and feel great.  Most aren't feeling any movement yet, and it's not uncommon to not even be showing much.  

Symptoms in first trimester vary from women to women, and pregnancy to pregnancy.  Some like you are lucky and breeze through it.  Your 16 weeks, trust me, it won't be long now until you feel and look very pregnant.  Enjoy and congratulations to you!!
Blank
ya but to feel nothing hhow do i know my baby is ok? does every miscarriage have bleeding?
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
Well, yes and no.  Eventually every miscarriage will have bleeding, but sometimes it takes the body some time to sort out it has miscarried.

The thing is, there is absolutely no reason to think you have had a miscarriage.  Most miscarriages happen in the first trimester, or prior to 13 weeks.  So it is unlikely you miscarried and have had no cramping or bleeding yet.  Have you had an ultrasound at this point?  If not, ask your Dr. if you can have one.  It can really put your mind at ease.  But honestly, there is no reason to think anything is wrong.

Pregnancy is a happy time, but it is scary too.  Most of us go through this.  Just remember that every single women is different, and every pregnancy is different.   You have no negative symptoms, so there is no reason to believe anything is wrong at all.  Congrats again.
Blank
ya iv had 2 u/s one at 6 weeks one at 13 weeks and everything was fine im 17 weeks now my next one isnt for another 3 weeks so
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
It is fantastic that you had an ultrasound at 13 weeks.  I can tell you, in all honesty, that the overwhelming majority (something like 95%) of miscarriages happen in first trimester.  So if you had a normal u/s at 13 weeks, it is safe to feel very confident that all is well.  Your just having an easy time of it....lucky you!!!!!  
Blank
ya i heard the heartbeat this past monday....again i just i dunoim not showing at all....
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
It won't be long now.  At 16 weeks, baby is still very tiny.  He or she will start putting on weight now and you'll be showing before you know it.
Blank
so u think im outa the clear for a miscarriage?
Blank
3858871_tn?1363233260
I am 28 weeks and still don't feel pregnant! I never had any symptoms; if I hadn't had missed my period, I would never have taken a test. Now, seeing my baby on the ultrasound, hearing her heartbeat at the dr and feeling her move make it real for me. I still worry all of the time, too. I think that you're safe from having a miscarriage at this point. Enjoy your pregnancy :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child: 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...