Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
not pregnancy question.. for already mums
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

not pregnancy question.. for already mums

My son will be 4 weeks on wednesday,  for the past couple of days he seems constantly hungry. He has 4oz bottles but is now wanting them every 1-2 hours. He used to be every 3-4 hours. Is this normal? I'm worried I could be over feeding him... but the constant screaming is really wearing me down. I'm finding it really difficult to cope, and being a single mum I dont really have someone there to help when needed. Any advice would be appreciated. X
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4850939_tn?1370546909
Maybe try adding an oz every hr sounds a little to much but if he is happy and healthy it should be good
Blank
5088265_tn?1366227735
Thank you, I'll try that x
Blank
He's probably going through a growth spurt!!
Blank
Ask your dr if you can do an oz of water between feedings. He may be gassy and thinking the gas pain is hunger pain
Blank
He is probably cluster feeding because he's going through a growth spurt. (:
Blank
I have 3 kids ages 8, 5 and 4...17 weeks pregnant and I fed all of my kids the normal 4 oz but, I would put a little bit of cereal in the bottle. It helpes them to stay fuller longer w/out over feesing them. All my kids are normal weight to this day. My pediatritian said u cant give babies water that young so, I'd ask before doing it.
Blank
I have 5 children and pregnant again. All children feed differently. If your baby was born with good weight then chances is he is hungry. I feed all my children on demand, and none are over weight as they grow older. If hes feeding too much, maybe he needs a stronger formula like a plus or gold. Talk to your health care provider.
My youngest, which was 9lb born, was taking 5oz from birth. Every child is different. Make sure he doesnt get colic, by winding him several times. That will help...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child: 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...