Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
should i be worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

should i be worried

I had my lmp approx april 8-10,which lasted a week,my husband was out of town working,i visited him may 1,almost sure thats when i got preggo,i don"t have a normal cycle i could go 40 days - several mts without a period,i went for an ultrasound monday past it showed i was 4 weeks which would make scense to me but the rs office is telling me i am 8weeks preggo its not possible,i am confused,should i be worried
I assume you're saying that since the doctor told you you're 8 weeks along and the ultrasound showed only 4 weeks, does this mean the pregnancy has faded?

It all depends on why the doctor told you that you were at 8 weeks.  If he or she is basing it only on the first day of your last period, that won't be useful in your case with your long cycles.  

What did the doctor say about the discrepancy?  If the ultrasound really only showed you to be 4 weeks pregnant, why didn't the doctor just take that as how far along you are?  Did he say there was a problem?

I'd ask for two beta hCG tests two days apart, and if the levels are increasing at the normal rate, don't worry, thought it might be good to have the doctor write in your chart that your last period began on some date that coordinates with the ultrasound results.