symptoms come and go
I was 2 days late for period and had tender breasts and thought I may be preg.  Then I started my period.  It lasted one full day and then I spotted for a couple days. This is very unusual for me; I usually bleed for at least 5 days.  I decided I couldn't be pregnant.  The breast tenderness went away.  Then 8 days later my breasts were tender again and I spotted brown blood for 2 days now.  Yesterday evening my breast tenderness went away, but was back this morning and now it's basically gone again.  This can't be right can it?  I had a miscarrige back in January so of course I'm thinking the worse right now.  But symptoms don't come and go in a normal, healthy pregnancy, do they?  Oh, and my lower back is hurting. It feels like a pulled muscle, but I haven't done anything physical, so I'm worried what that might mean as well.
Actually, it is very very normal for symptoms to come and go in a healthy pregnancy.  I began to refer to them as "my day off". They always came back, although I understand your worry.  I too have miscarried in the past and having symptoms do that is stressful.  However, all was well and I have a beautiful 8 month old to show for it.  It is when there is a sudden disapperance of all symptoms that you should let your OB know.  However, even that is not necessarily a problem.  Good luck, and congrats on your pregnancy!!