Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
update on threatened mc.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

update on threatened mc.

well.. went and had the ultrasound..... there was a fetal pole, yolk sac, but no baby.. no heartbeat like i saw last time.  the doc looked .. and looked.. and i looked.. and looked.. and looked.. even when he took outt eh ultrasound wand i asked him to check again.. and again.  no heartbeat.. nothing.  the sac remained the same size as about 2 weeks ago.  according to my lmp i am 8 weeks.. 4 days... they told me that i should have seen something.. but.. there was only the fetal pole.. and a yolk sac.  last time.. i saw cardiac activity.. this time.. there was nothing but silence.. no movement anywhere.  he was very nice to me... very sympathetic..

i just dont understand this at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i still feel pregnant!!!  he said that i would have to wait it out before i started to mc.... he said up to thre weeks..!!!!!  im like!! are you serious!!  he wants me to have a natural mc.. he said it would be better to naturally pass the baby then to have a d and c..

im just in shock.  i still feel pregnant.. my heart rate is still faster than non pregnant.. my breasts are still sore... this waiting is torture.. i would really appreciate hearing from other women who have had this happen. the last mc i had.. i just started passing blood... and i felt different.. and i knew... please.. someone tell me what to expect in the next few days.. weeks.. ect ect
i'm sooo sorry for your loss.  m/c is so awful and the waiting for more bad news is torture.  my m/c was different from yours but m/c none the less. so sorry i can't help you with any info. just know i am truly sorry for your loss. i will keep you in my prayers   ~d
I am so sorry.  
I too am sorry for your loss.  When I had my two m/c's, I had D&C's so I didn't miscarry naturally.  I did feel very pregnant before them though.  I imagine it'll take time for that Hcg to get out of your system.  I hope things move along quick and again  I'm sorry that things turned out this way.  Will also keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their support... the doc called me today to let me know that the blood they drew on the fourth.. the hcg went from 4900. down to 3100.. and.. so ... ultimately... any hope that i did have.. is lost..  I will be getting my blood drawn once a month for the next several weeks to make sure levels are going down..i havent had any cramping. blood loss.. or any indication i am mc'ing....i am ok . ( sorta) at this point i just want to get on with my life.. and have this limbo feeling go away.... he said anywhere from now until two weeks to pass everything.. so.. thankyou again you guys.. your support has meant alot.. take care.. and lots of hugs and positive thoughts for everyone..  

sandra
Sandra i am  so sorry for your loss. You and you family are in my prayer.  tc  ~d