Neverending Postpartum bleeding
I am 10 weeks postpartum, breastfeeding on demand, and have bleeding that keeps stopping and restarting.  This is my 3rd child, I have had what I think is prolonged bleeding each time.  At what point would you worry about bleeding? What is "normal"??  With my first, I had a csection and bled 6.5 weeks. With my second, I had a VBAC but had complications and needed a D&C at the birth and had retained placenta that came out at 2 weeks PP.  I bled 10 weeks and was finally given methergine to stop the bleeding.  (I reacted badly to the methergine, never want it again)  This time, I had an easy uncomplicated vaginal birth (but was very anemic).  I bled hard for about 2-3 weeks and then spotted to varying degrees until about 8 weeks.. then I had a few days of no spotting and then bleeding restarted around 9 weeks, bled lightly for 2 days then it stopped.  I haven't had even a spot in a week, and now i am spotting again.  Its not heavy, its brown spotting.  But I'm 10 weeks postpartum and just really wish it would stop already.  I'm taking it as easy as possible, just laying around the house nursing the baby, so I don't think its that I'm doing too much.  I don't know why it won't just stay gone.  Anyone else ever have bleeding like this??
I bled quite a while after my baby was born.  It might be my imagination, but it seemed like the thing that helped most was getting serious about taking my iron every day.
thank you. yes, i know tht i am anemic.  My hemoglobin was 7.2 the week before the baby was born. I got it up to 8.5 by the time she was born, then with giving birth it went down again some. when she was  a week old it was 8.2.  I have fought to get it up and last time it was checked (about 2 weeks ago) it was up to a little over 10.  So, not nearly as bad as it was, but still anemic.  I'm going to try to keep getting it up, that's a good point about why the bleeding may be lingering. thanks :)
It was just brown or pink spotting... but now its bright red again. i'm 10.5 weeks postpartum. IDK what is going on.  I've never gotten a period back early, after my other kids it came back at 15 months PP and 33 months PP.  Could this be a period???  IDK what is going on.  Its upsetting :(