Maternal & Child Community
********** OPEN FORUM SUNDAY **********

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

********** OPEN FORUM SUNDAY **********

Thought that i would get one started now, hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I'll talk to all you ladies on Monday.
Does anyone know how to share pictures.  I have the cutest one of a belly my bf just e-mailed me and I know the women here would just love it and wanted to share.
Posted once and didn't show up sorry if posts twice.  Dose any one know how to share pictures.  My bf sent me the cutest picture I know the women on here would just love and would like to share it.
WOW that is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is a story that made a smile come across my face as I read it. This story was posted on aol, which just happens to be one of many news sites I look at daily, here is the link followed by the full story...

http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-APO-1500&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20041015%2F2050020370.htm&sc=1500

Ovarian Transplant Recipient Pregnant

By CHERYL WITTENAUER

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Stephanie Yarber had her first bout of morning sickness Friday, but she's not complaining. The nausea only confirmed what she had dreamed would happen some day. The Alabama woman, who came to St. Louis in April to have the first known ovary transplant in this country, is pregnant. Five weeks and four days to be precise.

``I just cried and screamed,'' she said by phone from her home in Muscle Shoals, Ala.

Yarber, 25, hasn't had a period since she was 13, dashing any hopes of having children. Her identical twin, Melanie Morgan, of nearby Tuscumbia, Ala., has three little girls.

Yarber unsuccessfully had tried in vitro fertilization twice, using eggs donated by her sister.

In April, the sisters underwent a rare operation at St. Luke's Hospital, in which ovarian tissue from Morgan was transplanted into Yarber in an effort to make her fertile.

Dr. Sherman Silber, who led the transplant team, said at the time he expected Yarber to begin menstruating in three months and hopefully become pregnant ``the old-fashioned way.''

By September, she had a normal period and medical tests indicated that she had ovulated.

By Oct. 5, antsy for an answer to her wildest dream, Yarber headed to the pharmacy for a home pregnancy test. Unaccustomed to seeing positive results, ``I panicked, and started shaking, and went to a hospital to find out,'' she said.

The lab report took a couple of hours, and Yarber was back at her customer service job at a bank when she got the call.

``My doctor said, 'Are you sitting down? You're pregnant.' I just cried and screamed, and everybody in my department knew.''

When Yarber got off work, she called her sister by cell phone from the car. ``She went nuts,'' Yarber said. ``She kept screaming, 'Praise the Lord!' and crying. Then Mama got on the phone and started screaming, 'My baby's pregnant.

' ``

Yarber said an ultrasound, performed Thursday, made the pregnancy a little more real to her and her husband, Kevin.

She talked to Silber by phone last week, and he told her his staff screamed for joy when they heard the news.

``I had faith it would happen, but later asked myself, what if it doesn't work?'' she said.

``That's where you've got to let go and let God. After years of praying and wanting kids, we're just delighted. We couldn't be any happier.''

In the twins' five-hour operation on April 21, gynecologist Dr. David Levine removed one of Morgan's ovaries and passed it to Silber in another room, where he removed its outer tissue rich with egg-producing follicles. Through a small incision, he sutured the tissue to each of Yarber's nonproducing ovaries.

A St. Luke's spokeswoman said no one would comment until Silber's research paper on the procedure is published in a medical journal next week. She wouldn't name the journal.

Last month, in Brussels, Belgium, a woman gave birth to the first baby conceived after an ovary tissue transplant - in this case her own ovary. Seven years ago, the woman had lymphoma and needed chemotheraphy so her ovarian tissue was removed and frozen. Five years after she was cleared of cancer, the tissue was transplanted.

And more than a year ago in China, surgeons at Zhejiang Medical Science University reported a successful whole ovary transplant between sisters.

The apparent success of these transplants offers hope to women who must delay pregnancy for health reasons or, perhaps someday, for merely personal reasons.

But Silber believes Yarber's unusual case offers other research opportunities.

He wants to isolate the gene that caused Yarber to become menopausal at age 13, something that could aid scientists in their study of infertility.

Hi Everyone BEEN a long long time since I been here! How are you ladies doing?
Hi...i haven't been on here in ages...I don't even know if any of you remember me...cmn?  Anyways. what's new with you all?  are you all still ttc? or are you pg?  I did get pg again in June, and had my 3rd m/c.  We are just starting to ttc again.   AF arrived yesterday, :(  but it's only been the first month.  So here's hoping for a nov bfp!  

THanks for sharing that article too!
Created a picture album to get to the really cute belly picture go to

http://www.pregnancyweekly.com/album/sa.asp?e=***@****

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way this early. I am 29 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my second child and I have been having a lot of pressure in the pubic area. I remember having this with my first but not until the last week or two. is this normal? people tell me I am carrying low could that be the reason?
i was wondering if anyone else had this feeling at this stage in pregnancy. I am a little over 29 weeks and have had a lot of pressure in the pubic area. I remember having this with my first but not until a week or two before I was due. Is this normal?
Aww no one remembers me!! LOL thats ok, I'm still ttc had a lost in july, and have  triphasic chart now ( my first one) 10dpo af due on tuesday. Will keep you updated!
That is an awesome picture! That is crazy cool. You lucked out to get that picture taken before the foot moved. You should enlarge it and frame it!
I dont think I ever met you. I have been comming to this site for  nearly two years now I think.  Maybe closer to a year and a half..anyhow..
Even if you dont know anyone..you can get to know us all new!
That was such an amazing picture. I think it would look really good as a black & white photo too.