Maternal & Child Community
post natal depression a side effect of cholestasis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

is post natal depression a side effect of cholestasis?   my wife has just left me, she had Cholestasis with both our boys. it was winter when both boys were born..2006 and 2008,and she spent practically the whole 4 months by the fire,she did not want to go out. i didnt notice it at the time but 3 years down the line i started to think and mentioned .. probably in the heat of an arguement ..she might have PND,,obviously that went down like a lead balloon.  she seems very cold and slightly absent and certainly not sexual towards me the fun seems to have gone from her,we have both upped our alchohol drinking steadily and i cannot drink anymore because it makes me lose control.she finally left because i had a brief fight with an off duty policeman, i say brief because i probably only threw one punch and the rest of the time i was on the floor.steadily over the years i have ruined many a party with my behaviour drinking.we have hit rock bottom.when she drinks she gets morbid, her mum died when she was 14 and she is constantly reminded of this by her nana which must be very difficult to handle..i was there in the middle of the nights for her through the pregnancies itching and rubbing her, i still want to be with her..i need to know if she has post natal depression as a result of cholestasis or has he just had enough.
Hi!
It is difficult to ascertain whether your wife has post natal depression or is just hassled by tow births in two years and looking after children. Usually during this time the interest in sex almost disappears in some women while others continue to enjoy a good sex life. However, one thing is sure. Both you and your wife need to give up drinking and consult a family counselor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thanks for your reply, i spoke to her yesterday and  it sounds like the only person willing to change is me so i shall have to get used to the idea of seperation. thanks again.