Maternal & Child Community
trying to conceive twins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

trying to conceive twins

can i ask my doctor for any med. that could help me have twins, is it my right? do any one know any way that can help me conceive twins, i have it in my family a lot and want to have two, i ve heard about fertilizer that help you to have more than one egg as i call it. any thaughs
Do you mean, once a year has gone by from the c-section you had last month?  It is too early now, you would REALLY have problems.  But after the doctor clears you to try again, there are meds he might have available that would increase your chances.  That's eleven months from now.  Talk to him then about it and I am sure he will be able to think of something.
I am now pg with twins that were conceived while I was on Clomid.  HOWEVER, I would never have intentionally taken a medication to make me get pg with twins, especially if I could have gotten pg on my own.    It was just the luck of the draw for us and not something we were not expecting.  I'm only 10 wks along and I'm already nervous about all the complications that can happen b/n now and delivery.  I don't think any doctor is going to intentionally help you try to conceive twins, ESPECIALLY if you can get pg on your own.  There are a lot of risks involved and even though you may have some wonderful twin stories in your family, there are plenty of bad twin stories as well (i.e., premature labor, hypertension, NICU, birth defects, still birth, intrauterine growth restriction, etc.)  The list can go on and on.  I think you really need to think about your motives for wanting twins.  Is it because of the attention others have gotten?  If so, that is no reason for intentionally putting you and any potential unborn children at risk.  Enjoy your time with your new baby right now because the time will slip by very quickly.  As the other poster said, you should not be even considering getting pg anytime soon if you delivered only a month ago.  Your body has not recovered yet.  If the twins run in your family, you may get twins anyway, but I really don't think you should try to intentionally get pg with twins.  
you absolutely cannot try to have twins  before a year. the reason to wait is your uterus could rupture killing you and your child/ren possibly. it is a ridiculous risk to take. twins put nearly twice the strain on your body. twin pregnancy is not easy.

a c-section has to heal fully. i saw on another post where you are already trying. do you realize how dangerous this is? you could ruin your fertility. you could die, your baby or babies could die or be deformed. it just needs some time to heal.

after a year, there are studies of a tribe that eats a diet high in yams that has a high twinning rate. google the Yorza twins for more on that. aside from that maybe or maybe not working, the luck of the draw or your doctor putting you on fertility medications because you cannot get pregnant on your own( not because you want twins, that is unethical and most doctors would refuse to do it)are the only way to conceive twins that i know of.

please consider taking the time your body needs to heal and letting your emotions heal. it is in the best interest of you and your future children.
thnak you guys for supporting me, but you don't understand how bad is to loose a child, i lost her after 36 weeks, i was completly ready for her, but she didn't wanna come. it is very hard to have an empty cradle, unusful stroller and carseat, brand new clothes for nobody. it is very hard, i must die if i will wait a year, because i need something taht keep me busy, i don't wanna go to college no more, and don't work.
Honey, I am so sorry for your loss, and can understand why you'd want to get pregnant right away, but right now you have to concentrate on making yourself healthy both physically and mentally. You say you're not working and don't want to go to college anymore and need something to keep you busy. A baby isn't it right now. Make sure your body is up to the task, and see a grief counselor to help you deal with your loss. The fact that you don't have the motivation to do anything else makes those warning bells of situational depression ring very loudly in my ears! Nothing to be ashamed about either, who wouldn't be depressed given what you've just gone through. But in order to be a good mama when you finally are blessed with a baby, and give that baby the best possible chance, you need to be physically and mentally healthy. Also, children that come from higher socio-economic backgrounds have better chances to be successful in all areas of life, so do your someday baby and yourself a favor and finish your degree, so you can give your child all the advantages in life it deserves.
Many of us on here know exactly what it feels like to lose a child.  Theendricks had a stillborn, others have mc's and others have lost ther babies to sids and other lost older children.  So we know what we are talking about.

You need to seek grief counselling.  You are not stable and are in no way ready phsyically or mentally to have another child.  I know that is harsh, but many women have give you careful and loving advice and you are not listening.  We are not going to change our minds, you desperately need help, it sounds like you are severely depressed.

Have a friend put the baby things away,so they will not constantly remind you.  Concentrate on getting well.
I agree with everyone else.  I had 2 m/c last year and I was devistated by them.  I couldn't imagine what it would be like to carry a baby to term and then not be able to bring her home.  The truth is, as harsh as it may sound, nothing will change what happened.   You can't bring her back and you certainly can't relace her with another child (or two for that matter)   What you can do is take this time to heal.  You need to take apart her room or have somone else do that and put it away somewhere.  You need to get counceling as soon as possible.  They will be able to help you get through this.  Maybe they can help you come up with a way to remember your baby girl.  She will always be in your heart even if she can't be in your arms.  Having another baby isn't the answer right now.  When you have another baby you want to be ready to give that baby all the attention and love it deserves.  You can't do that right now.   Please, please get help!!
Not to mention, everyone is right, your body can't handle it.  It would be extremly dangerous for you to get pregnant right now without healing first.  Please consider the advice given to you.
Hi nermine. I like your name. It sounds arabian name, is it? My family is from Jordan. Good luck with twins.
I want to qualify and apologize for some of my earlier post.  I've been switching back and forth b/n the infertility forum and the maternal forum so I'm not up to speed on everyone's circumstances so I was unaware that you lost your baby at 36 weeks.  I shouldn't have said "you need to be enjoying your new baby", so I am very sorry for my insensitivity and misinformation.  I just went on what the poster before me had said.

I know it is terrible to lose a child. I had a m/c last year so I know how desperate it makes you feel to have a child after losing one.  However, I still don't think that having twins should be your mission the next time around.  As everyone else has said, you should see a grief counselor and wait for your dr. to give you the go ahead to ttc again.  Take it one day at a time and let yourself heal, both physically and emotionally.  It wouldn't be good for you or another baby if you've not done both beforehand.

I am very very very sorry for your loss and for my misunderstanding.
i know it seems like we don't "get it", but i lost a baby too last year. we have almost all suffered so very much to get to the point we are at. i know how much it must hurt. i remember where my mind was in December.

you are displaying every sign imagineable of grief. you can't replace your daughter. the best thing is just like the other girls said, have your husband, or a friend put the nursery stuff away until you need it. seek therapy and learn some good coping tactics.

i don't think you understand. you cannot physically carry a baby this soon after a c-section. you will lose another. you really should not do that to yourself. please take the time to heal.(in every way) it's so important.
did you read her posts?  How could you say good luck with your twins?  It is medically unsafe for her to have a child right now, not to mention the fact that she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  What an irresponsible thing to say to someone in crises.
DID YOU READ MY COMMON? I DIDN'T SAY RIGHT NOW, JUST SOMETHING IN THE FUTURE!!!!!! I THINK YOU ARE RUDE AND MEAN! YOU COULD AT LEAST BRING UP YOUR POINT IN A NICER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN POSTING FOR TWO YEARS,  ALL LADIES ARE WAY NICER THAN YOU AND WE DON'T NEED SOMEONE WHO IS RUDE TO POST ANY COMMONS!!!!!!!
anxious is right, i know im a day late and a dollar short but really it was insensitive. just be careful to read more carefully before you respond. she wasnt rude, but your comment in return was.
No need to get all worked up. Sometimes p'ple don't read all the posts before giving their posts maybe that's what Rawina did or she read and missed some part. We are here to support and talk to Nermine not jump on others. I'm sure Rawina realizes her mistake now or later, no need concentrating on that. It's over let's post things that help each other. It's my first time reading this posts and I have found it the information very eye opening and helpful. Wouldn't have known having kids after c-section can be that dangerous or that twins can be so hard to carry. i always thought it was the best thing to have twins.
please  take care of ur self frst then plan a baby.if your fine then only your babies.even i have m/c 4 months back.its hard but frst u should be healthy then only u give to your infant.
and  if u get the treatment for having twins plz send me also.even i want twins but aft 1 yr.so that i can give my babies proper nutrients.

bye take care
zakiya.
nermine i must tell you that i agree with the other posted statements
one because i too lost a baby at my 23 weeks pregnancy its only been 8 month since i lost my son, one you have to learn how try  to manage your first lost before concieving another child, two if you get pregnant now you'll have another misscarrage by the 4th month of your pragnancy, you need to let your uterus rest so you can hold the other baby and not have another misscarrage , but there's a chance of having another loss because its called now higrisk pregnancy, so you'll be put in bedrest, which means that you can not be outside walking or shoping, i know because im a high risk pregnancy mom and i almost lost the three babis that i have now which their older.
im also trying to wait for my uterus to rest so i can concieve (conceive) for twins,
but before i do i must loose wieght  because of my asthma and then gain it back once im ready to concive again,take the vitamins that my doctor just offered me last month to help my body be ready for the next pregnancy whic will be in about september, but before i try to concieve (conceive) for twins i need to do all the above and prepare to get a home nurse to help me, thats how bad i am in miscarrage (miscarriage) , so you see its only been 7 mths of my lost but im also preparing for my body before concieving,im still not recuperated from the lost of my son so if you think that it will be easy to get pregnant and getting recuperated from the lost of your baby, your wrong cause thats something part of you. so let your body rest ,plan ahead , peack to your dr and please wait a year, one becacuse you can have another misscarage as early as 3-6 month, also see a councelor about your loss i did and it helped me alot.