Maternal & Child Community
10 DPO - BFN and loosing hope!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

10 DPO - BFN and loosing hope!

Well I took a test last night at 10 DPO and BFN.  I have the really high sensative tests that they use at the doctor's office.  I am also cramping and am just sure AF is on her way. AF should be here on Saturday right in time for the Memorial Day weekend and our vacation.  Good Luck to everyone else!!  BABY DUST
My doctors office test gave me 2 negatives, when 1st response had already showed a very faint line.. Also one of my pregnancy tests came back neg at a clinic and took 2 more days for the pos to show. Try again in a coule days
10dpo is way too early to give up hope. Most early results dont show until 12-14 dpo and a bunch even later than that. Implantation can still occur after 10dpo as well & that definitely wouldnt show on an hpt.
just so you know, the ones at the doctors office are not all that sensitive. they measure from 50-100 usually. my number was only 49 at 6 weeks. and i have twins.
I agree with chellybeans!  I got a faint line on an Early Response on 10DPO and went into the doctor the same day.  Their test showed negative and they went ahead and did blood work to be sure and sure enough, HCG was a 34!  Their tests measure 60+.  Don't give up hope just yet...still early!  Good luck to you!
I was in the same boat until last night!!  I had a neg. blood test at 10DPO and a positive HPT at 15 DPO.  Give it some time and don't lose hope!!!  It will happen!!
10 dpo not using fmu I would be surprised if you got a bfp. Try again in a few days, using fmu. Cramping doesn't necessarily mean af is about to show. Most of us did have lots of cramping and were sure af would show her ugly head when we got out bfp's. Good luck!!
dont give up hope yet! while the cramps could be af coming, it could also mean bfp is coming too. give it a few more days before you lose hope.
I always laugh when I see posts with this title.  You're losing hope, and most normal people wouldn't even have thought about testing yet.

You are in the land of the extreme early testers here.  A neg at 10dpo is meaningless.  Absolutely meaningless.  
I agree with everyone else.  Don't give up hope.  I had af cramps too.  I thought for sure she was on her way.  I'm 28 weeks preg!!!   I tested the day I was due.  I have no idea when I ovulate so I couldn't tell you how many days past ovualtion I was.  Keep us posted!!
I tested last friday which would have been 11 DPO and it was neg...  I tested again this tuesday, 15 DPO and it was positive!!!!  so don't give up hope, and I was testing with First Response,  very sensitive test!!!  Good luck!  Baby Dust to you!!
Don't give up! :) I didn't get my BFP til 14 DPO when I figured AF would be here. And I tested with the First Response Early tests everyday up until them getting BFN's. Good Luck!
dont give up u know i took opk for hpt and it was postive like 8 or 9 dpo and with a hpt it was negative at 10 or 11 dpo then i was 2 days late and i had a bfp on 16 dpo i knew i was pregnant becuz my cm increase lol and since my dnc in november i had none now im 16 vweeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy! dont give up i know how u feel i've been there now that im pregnant it is like time flys by so keep your head up and pray to God, best of luck to u

sticky baby dust
Hi ladies...THANK GOD I found you!!!! I took 2 tests yesterday...the supposedly extra sensitive 25miu Hcg tests by Wondfo...INternet....and got 2 VERY VERY VERY FAINT++....so this morning at 10dpo...thought i would repeat w/ fmu...BFN... I don't know.... giving up hope even though bbt is up there...higher than usual and VERY STEADY.... and chest is definitely larger and that usually does not happen w/ me w/ impending AF...but I am confused b/c this cycle is my first where i've used Clomid 50mg days 3-7...however, dr. said that breast side effects only happen during the time of use and a few days after....i'm cd 29 now...due to start AF Saturday...any suggestions?
Laura :}
Thank God for all of the positive comments. I am in the dumps big time. BFN since 7dpo. Today is 10dpo my office visit BFN. I was so down I did not even want to take the blood test. I also had a consultation to go over my cycle....no problems. Reason for not conceiving unknown.....that is the worst,
I am 10dpo today and bfn.  I used the internet pregnancy test that came free with my preseed that I ordered last month.  My AF is due on Saturday and all I feel is PMS.  
I know that this is an old post but Im hoping to give anyone hope. I tested 8 DPO with a digital I had lying around. BFN. Then on 10DPO I tested Rite Aid brand, also a BFN. I was SURE AF was coming...cramps and that hollow feeling in my belly. I started spotting light pink on 12DPO and started wearing a pad. Two days later I reaqlized I was still wearing empty pads and they were getting anything on them. So I tested on 13DPO with Clear Blue...VERY faint + sign. I could only BARELY hardly make out the + when I held it in the window. I waited and tested again 14 DPO with first AM urine and got a stronger +. 10, 11, 12 DPO is NOT out of the game yet!!! I guess I technically had 'implantation bleeding' at 12 DPO...so theres still hope until AF comes on strong!!!