Maternal & Child Community
10 month old and a bad cough
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

10 month old and a bad cough

my son has had a cough for a week now i give him tyneol once in a while he coughs mostly when he is sleeping and he thru up 3 times while he was eating due to coughing i had my neice sleep over and dh's neice sleep over well dh's neice was sick she is always sick her mother doesnt take care off her and now my son is sick with this cough sometimes when he talks u could hear his voice how sore it is im guessing all i could give him his tyneol is there anything else im mean its not major im just worreid becuz that little girl has had that cough for over 2 weeks from what i notice everytime i see her shes coughing so bad im pissed that she got him sick.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
Try some vicks vapor rub on the chest and a bit on the forehead. I have also heard people swear by putting it on their feet with socks, hope this works. (they make infant rub)
Blank
171768_tn?1324233699
i would call and ask your pediatrician what they recommend. all peds are different. mine did not allow us to use vicks at all. also, i wouldn't give tylenol unless there is an actual fever. you do not know that he has a sore throat. most likely, his cough is being caused by a post nasal drip. tylenol will not do anything for that. if it's a deep, chesty cough then it's from the chest. tylenol wouldn't do much for that either. the persistant, annoying cough is most often from a drip. i would especially say that since it happens most when he's sleeping. you can try propping him while he sleeps and a humidifier.

since it's been a week, i would go see the peditrician anyways. i am not one to run to the ped for every sniffle, but a week is a long time unless he is showing improvement. it may have started out with what the niece had, but an infant's immune system is not as developed and a little bug can turn into an infection if not monitored (bronchitis, bronchiolitis, ear infection, sinus infection, etc...)
i hope he feels better soon! i hate it when babies are sick :(
Blank
thanks girls im gonna put the humidfier in the room tonight
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity