Maternal & Child Community
10 weeks with bleeding and mild cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

10 weeks with bleeding and mild cramps

hi, I'm 10 wks pregnant and yesterday I woke up to some slight bleeding mostly dark or brown and I only saw it when I wiped after I used the bathroom.  I layed down all day, and mostly it was just brown, no pain.  It got better throughout the day.  Then I woke up this morning and still nothing on my pad, but this time the blood was dark red (no brown), and now there are starting to be clots...not big, but defintetly clots...and unfortuantley as the day has progressed I've had constant mild pain...like cramps but not going away.  I've read alot of the postings, and all things at this point say I'm have a miscarriage...I have had 2 competely normal pregnancies (except for the c-sections at the end) and have two beautiful daugthers.........and nothing like this has happened to me before.  My first prenatal visit was set for tomorrow...so, knowing nothing can be done I've just decided to wait until my appointment to see what the doc has to say.  I'm pretty sure I'm miscarrying....I don't want to give myself false hope just to find out that I've lost the baby.  All the posts say if you aren't in pain and there isn't any tissue, then don't worry...that was me yesterday...but today with the cramps and the blood clots I've sort of just resigned myself to the idea that there won't be good news tomorrow.  anyone else this has happened to??
I would definately either call your OB or either go to the ER.
Yes call your OB to inform them of what is happening and see what all they might say on it. If the bleeding gets worse I'd go to the ER.
Cramping and spotting is normal during pregnancy, but since you have clots, it's best to make sure. Call your doctor right away or go to the ER. You'll rest easier knowing for sure. I hope everything is okay, honey. Good luck.