102.3 feaver in 7 month old
This morning Julian woke up around 5 am and just had that look about him like Mommy I dont feel good. So I brought him in bed with me and he went back to sleep. I woke up about 3 hours later and he was burning up. I took his temp and it was 100.9. I called the doc and they made an appt. DH suggested it was probably because I layer him up to sleep..( Onsie and fleece pjs)  So I called the ped back and cancelled the appt. Around 4 pm he woke up from a nap and I noticed he was burning up agian so I took his temp ( he was only sleeping in a onsie at that point) and it was 102.3. I began freaking out. I called the ped and they got him in at 5:15. They gave him some tylonel in the office and the ped came in and said all he had was a gastrointestional infection and should be better in 5 days. She told me to give hime 1.2ML tylonel every 4 hous until hes better. Why do I feel like maybe she didnt do enough. I have never had a feaver that high. Is it ok or should I be concerned. His temp is still high and has yet to brake! Maybe I am overreacting but this is my little guy and it bothers me thats all she told me to do.

BTW he gets layered to sleep because even with the heat on super hot is room is freezing.

He will be OK, the same thing happened when Noah was about that age and we took him to the ER with a fever of 104.3, the nurse basically told me I was an idiot for bringing him in. Just make sure you are giving him the tylenol every 4 hours w/out fail. I know it is scary and you feel like more should be done but there really is nothing more you can do. Make sure he is drinking lots of fluids! All the fever means is that his body is fighting the infection and that is a good thing. Snuggle the little guy and just love him up, he will be better soon :)
A high fever (I mean spiked) can be roseola.  My DD had it at 8 months.  It is a very common childhood thing infants and toddlers get like Chicken Pox.  Usually once they get it, that's it. They don't get it a second time.  You will know it was Roseola because after the tempertature subsides, the baby gets a harmless rash all over the body, trunk, etc.  Good Luck.  
believe it or not, peds don't consider 102.3 to be a high fever. I think they only consider it to be a moderate fever.

there is nothing else the ped could've done for him. Just make sure he's getting enough fluids, and give the tylenol as directed. If his fever gets higher or spikes, you can alternate tylenol and motrin but follow dosing instructions for each... we usually give tylenol, 3 hrs later motrin, 3 hours later tylenol... etc... We only do this if the fever is above 103.

If his fever spikes during the night, you can call your ped's number and the answering service should connect you with a pediatric nurse at a local hospital. I had to do this 2 weeks ago... in the middle of the night, DD's temp was 105.2, and that was with medication. The nurse had us give her a tepid bath (fun at 3 AM) and called back to check on us 20 minutes later. She also told us to give additional tylenol. The temp hadn't gone down much, so she told us to take DD in to the ER. Luckily, she felt cooler while I was dressing her, and it finally went down to 103.8. We all crawled back in to bed together. we went to the ped the next day and were told it was most likely a viral infection and could last up to 5 days. She continued to have a fever 102-104 for a couple of days, and it did break by day 5.
My ped said anything over 103 is not safe. My daughter had 100.6 then an hr later had 104.6 and had a seizure. She was in the ER for 4 hrs then sent home when fever came down to 99. Dr said to alternate motrin and tylenol and should be ok in 2-3 days. I continued just tylenol from day 3-4 and stopped.
When my son turned 1 he contracted the roto virus from a daycare worker. He was literally sick for 3 months- every week his fever would spike at 103 then he would seem to get better, and then suddenly it would spike again. In the end he lost 4 lbs (and at one he only weighed 20, so my 14 month old weighed 16 lbs) - we were really worried for a while. Anyway my point was that there are things you can do to lower your little ones temperature. For example, give him a luke warm bath, don't layer his clothing, a cool compress to the head sometimes works too. Make sure he is getting lots and lots of fluids- try pedialite. Good luck sweetie- these things are never easy to deal with! :)