Maternal & Child Community
11 month old with swollen testicle & High Fever
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

11 month old with swollen testicle & High Fever

My son has a high fever of 101 for the last two days. We just recently noticed that his scrotum also seems enlarged. Is this a natural occurance because it's only swollen on one side?  
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
has he recently had shots and does he cry if you touch them??
Blank
No shots in a while.... he is due for his annual checkup next month. It doesn't seem to bother him when you touch or apply any pressure to them.
Blank
sometimes they can have a twisted testicle bec they dont drop right after birth depending on how high it is, and come down crooked but if hes not fussing when you touch hen prob not that, they can also have a hernia(sp) it would be a little bump on one, you should call ped tmr to make sure.
Blank
my son had the same thing... i would have him checked for an incarcerated hernia....   sometimes  lil boys have the intestine slip into the scrotum sac.. its easily fixed. so please dont worry!! I am sure that whatever is going on that everything will be just fine..

take care
Blank
we have 4 boys so dont worry it will be ok Im sure its nothing but better to be safe
Blank
What side is it swollen on? my son had this and it ended up being a hernia. He was 12 months when he had it. It wasn't swollen all the time, just when he cried or was tence. It's not serious, but needs to be taken care of. Most likely if it is a hernia, he will have to have surgery. It's a very simple easy surgery. Type hernia into the search engine and see if he has some of the symptoms. But yes, he should be seen by a Dr. good luck.
Blank
Thanks for the info. My wife just set an appointment for tomorrow. Thanks Again
Blank
154929_tn?1196191338
Also could be a hydrocele--have you noticed one side swollen more than the other sicne birth--sometimes this is a fairly common birth defect in boys--both of mine had it--no soreness or complications to the boys just would let fluid flow back and forth--usually heals by the time they are 12-18 months--a urologist or ped should be able to check this out for you--if it doesn't heal surgery would be required-to fix.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank