Maternal & Child Community
12 Weeks pregnant, cant stop eating, help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

12 Weeks pregnant, cant stop eating, help

Im 12 weeks pregnant and for the past two weeks my appetite has gone mad and I seem to want to eat all the time.  I'm trying hard to eat right, but seem to get hungry again not long after I've eaten/snacked.  Has anyone had this? What can I do to stop my insatiable appetite?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I gained 30 lbs by week 18, due to insatiable hunger in the first trimester. I'm normally a size 3 and dont gain easily, but boy when I'm pregnant I gain a lot. I dont suffer from morning sickness, main symptom is hunger. I felt like I was never full. Now at 24 weeks it has calmed down a lot, a little late since im way past the total amount i should have gained for entire pregnancy. Oh well. Anyway, completly normal.
Blank
97615_tn?1212682189
I gained 45lbs my entire pregnancy!!  I was always eating and I thought I was making good choices but ended up w/ gestational diabetes.  I did end up controlling it w/ diet and had a healthy baby but having to do this made me realize how much i was eating.  I ate continuously!!  try monitoring what you eat and keep to eating small snacks that complete each other.  eggs and toast, cheese and crackers, bagel and peanut butter.  carrots, celery with hummus.  i am sure you are fine.  best wishes for you and your new baby.  
Blank
I have a similar problem.  Dr. was upset that I gained 7 lbs at my 9 week appt.  Besides the hunger, my activity level has dropped  to that of a coma patient.  My last pregnency (which only lasted till 19 weeks) I had gained 25 pounds.  Hate to think what size I would be if it went to full term!  I eat healthy for the most part (ice cream is healthy right?) and as long as gestational diabetes does not rear its ugly head....I'm not stressing.
Blank
179055_tn?1189759429
Hello,

I too was very hungry....even after I just ate!!!

But, I tried to be careful...just eat enough (tiny amounts) to get rid of that hungry feeling...don't give in to pigging out......

I found that I got full with tiny amounts...but then was hungry again....but if I ate too much, I got really full and felt just awful.

I am 24 wks and have gained a total of 12 lbs...which they said is right on track!!!

JT

(ps...I'm 20 lbs overweight to begin with though)
Blank
Thanks for your messages, it helps to know I'm not the only one.  Thanks for the tips too, I will try smaller healthy snacks more often.
Blank
From wk like 16-23 I had a crazy appitite and was gaining about 2lbs a wk. My doctors fine with my weight gain for now. I've gained a total, well last time I got on the scale... which I hate to do, I had gained 20lbs and that was last Thursday at the doctors office. Now I'm about to wk 24 and my appitite is slowing down a little, which is good. Thank GOD!! But yeah don't feel bad. Just follow doctors instructions and try to eat healthy stuff too. Fruit is great. I can't keep it in my house. When I get a late night hunger pain I go get a apple or some strawberries. Plus you feel better when you eat good stuff, you tend to feel less yucky and bloated. Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank